This vegan mushroom pate recipe is off the wall! I hosted a crazy New Years partaaay (and by crazy I mean, we had tea, meditated and had nice food 🙂 ) and made a ton of appetizers.
I got this recipe years ago from a friend and loved it when I made it but hadn’t made it in since – the audacity of me! I made it again for our New Years party and I remembered why I loved it so much in the first place. 🙂
It was a hit! Note that it does have a pate texture so be prepared!
Ingredients Vegan Mushroom Pate Recipe
- 4.5 cups slicked or shopped mushrooms (any type will do)
- 1 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp Braggs or soy sauce (you can use salt if you don’t have either of those hand), to taste.
Directions Vegan Mushroom Pate Recipe
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan/skilled on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, mushrooms, and the 1/2 tsp salt, thyme and blackpepper
- Cook it until the onion is translucent and most of the juices have evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- In food processor, add the nut butter.
- Add the mushroom mixture and Braggs (or substitute), add a little at a time depending on your salty preference.
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Enjoy! Can be served hot or cold 🙂