This vegan chocolate bar recipe is absolutely perfect. My aunt made this for a famjam (a family jam!) and it hit the spot so well! She was kind enough to give me the recipe which I am, in turn, sharing with you. 🙂
I try to limit sugars whenever I can. Although, I like sweets just as much as the next guy (though not as much as my partner Irfan, I’ve never seen anyone inhale cookies like he can!).
Sometimes even we (by “we” I mean healthy nutty people) want chocolate bars. What’s better than a regular chocolate bar recipe you ask? A vegan chocolate bar recipe of course! Here you go, have your vegan chocolate bar already. 😉
If you have a sweet tooth, this will definitely satisfy it. It’s a great travel food that’s packed with protein and free of refined sugar. 🙂
Try it for yourself and see!
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Bar Recipe
- 1 & 1/3 cups crushed vegan (and gluten free if you’d like) biscuits
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or earth balance
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- ¾ cup ground Flax seeds
- 1 ¾ cups slightly roasted, then ground Pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup slightly roasted, then ground Sunflower seeds
- 1tsp. orange rind
- 1tsp.Vanilla extract
- 1 package vegan Chocolate chips
Directions for Vegan Chocolate Bar Recipe
- On a greased 9×14 pan, spread a layer of crushed biscuits.
- In another container, mix rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Once well mixed, spread it evenly on the biscuit layer and press down well.
- In a double boiler or microwave, carefully melt the chocolate chips. Spread this melted chocolate evenly on the seed mixture.
- You may have to put it in the fridge for half an hour to set.
- Once set, cut into bars or squares.