Once upon a time I had a roommate. Her name was Minnie. She was pretty cool. One day, on a cold winter evening, Minnie was drinking this tea type thing that smelled and looked absolutely delicious.
“What is that?” I asked?
“Oh, I dunno. I boiled some almond milk and added a peppermint tea bag with some honey and cinnamon,” said Minnie.
This was my reaction:
Needless to say, “The Minnie” was born. I made that drink basically every day that winter and all winters since. 🙂
Unfortunately, I have lost touch with Minnie. We were roommates in Calgary, I have since moved back to Toronto and her to BC I think. Minnie, if you are reading this THANK YOU (and holla girl!). 🙂
The Minnnie is so delicious friends. Please try it for yourself and see!
Ingredients for The Minnie
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other dairy free milk)
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- honey or maple syrup, to taste
- a sprinkle of cinnamon / cinnamon stick
Directions for The Minnie
- Boil almond milk (add a cinnamon stick if you have)
- Pour hot milk over peppermint tea bag
- Add honey and a dash of cinnamon