This spicy stir-fried tofu with kale is the perfect quick, spicy and delicious week day meal!
For a nut free option, omit the cashews.
Ingredients for Spicy Stir-Fried Tofu with Kale
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu (I use sprouted), drained and chopped into small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1-2 fresh chilis
- 1/4 tsp salt (add more if you like to taste)
- small bunch of kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil for stir fry + 2 tbsp olive oil for kale
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
Directions for Spicy Stir-Fried Tofu with Kale
- Drain tofu (I usually do this by placing it between 2 plates, putting something heavy on top, and letting it sit for about 10-20 minutes).
- Mix all of the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add all of the spices and combine well with the garlic, add a little bit of water if necessary.
- Add the tofu and green onions and coat well with the spices.
- Cook for a couple of minutes over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Wash kale and chop into bite sized pieces. Steam kale for about 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top the kale with the tofu and the cashews. Add the lemon juice and garnish with the fresh cilantro.