Friends, I like to eat super clean as you can tell from my grain free sugar free vegan brownie recipe. When deciding to make something to eat, this is what my thought process looks like:
- “Is it clean?” I try to minimize sugar in all of it’s forms. This includes carbs!
- “Are these foods happygut for my gut?” Our guts like different things. Things that can be happy for your gut may not be happy for mine and vice versa. For instance, although I love the idea of cabbage but my gut doesn’t. It makes me super farty! This makes for uncomfortable and embarrassing situations, not to mention an unpleasant scent for Irfan :S (Irfan is my partner is crime!).
- “Is it easy to make?” & “Is it tasty?” These two are tied. I like cooking but I don’t LOVE cooking (which is weirdo because I have a food blog haha), and more importantly I don’t like to spend a lot of time cooking. There are more important things in life like meditation and spending time with people I like. Also, though I like to eat super clean and the prime reason for my food intake is healthy fuel, I like tasty dishes like the next gyal! I grew up with the best South Asian food (shoutout to my Mama!) and have been spoiled with amazing recipes bursting with flavour! I know that food can taste amazing. So, if we have to eat and we must eat clean, might as well make it tasty!
There, now you know what goes on between me and food. 🙂
Anyhow, back to my grain free sugar free brownie recipe. I had a couple of friends come over for dinner and needed to come up with a dessert (based on my criteria above) quick fast. I whipped up this grain free sugar free vegan brownie recipe is no time. It was an absolute hit! I plan on making these again and again 🙂
Ingredients for Grain Free Sugar Free Vegan Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons chia + 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
Directions for Grain Free Sugar Free Vegan Brownie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a small pan (I used a 13 inch x 13 inch pan)
- Throw all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour and smooth batter into pan
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (or until edges start to brown)
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes before you cut into it
Note: I stored it in my fridge for about 5 days and they just got better and better as the days went on! 🙂