This Ginger Miso Tofu Recipe is a great quick week day meal. Add a side of greens and roasted veggies and it turns out to be incredibly satisfying!
I should warn you though that this is very gingery and not for the faint of heart. It’s a great recipe for when your sick though. Growing up in a South Asian household, ginger was given for a remedy for basically anything. But it works!
According to Home Remedies, “Research has shown that ginger has numerous health benefits including antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-inflammation, and anti-tumor effects. Therefore, it can help treat many everyday problems such as digestive ailments, nausea, motion sickness, stomach cramps, fevers, and colds as well as major illnesses such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and possibly even cancerous tumors.”
I always use ginger when my tummy is touchy (and it’s touchy often friends). Ginger is my go-to for nausea, diarrhea (that’s right, I just said diarrhea in a food blog post!) and everything cold and flu related.
I love me some ginger!
Ingredients for Ginger Miso Tofu Recipe
- 1 (14-ounce) block extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- Oil for frying
- Braggs or soya sauce (optional)
- Scallions and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper (optional) to taste
Directions for Ginger Miso Tofu Recipe
- Drain tofu (I usually do this by placing it between 2 plates and letting it sit for about 10-20 minutes)
- Cut tofu into pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together miso, water, and ginger.
- Heat one tablespoon in skillet or frying pan. Fry tofu until brown/golden on all sides. Reduce heat to low.
- Pour miso mixture over and between tofu slices and cook until sizzling.
- Just before serving, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.