Sometimes one just needs some fried rice. It’s so satisfying and comforting. What’s better than regular ol’ egg fried rice? Easy vegan fried rice with tofu! I know what you’re thinking, “Eggactly!” 😛
The combination of garlic, nutritional yeast, soy sauce and spices makes for such a spicy tangy and delicious meal! This easy vegan fried rice is eggcelent! (I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself!).
If you are gluten-free make sure you use a gf soy sauce. I usually use Braggs.
See my video for Easy Vegan Fried Rice
Looking for more vegan egg-y recipes? Check out my Tofu Scramble!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 block tofu
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
- 1.5 cup veggies (I used frozen carrots, peas, and carrots)
- 1 cup rice, uncooked (makes about 2.5 cups cooked)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (I used Braggs)
- hot sauce, to taste
- Drain tofu (I usually do this by placing it between 2 plates, putting something heavy on top, and letting it sit for about 10-20 minutes and then draining the excess water).
- Wash and cook the rice (add the rice with about 3 cups of water and cook over medium-high until done). Set aside.
- Using a large frying pan or skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Crumble the tofu and add.
- Add all the spices and nutritional yeast and mix well (it should turn yellow).
- Add the veggies and mix again.
- Add the cooked rice and mix again - yes there is a lot of mixing :).
- Add the green onions, soy sauce/braggs and hot sauce.
- Mix again.