This easy mint chocolate chip ice cream cake recipes comes from my deep love of the combination of mint and chocolate. I had been wanting to try out a recipe for a vegan raw mint chocolate chip ice cream cake and I had the perfect chance when I had a couple of friends come over for dinner a few weeks ago. I basically combined my Vegan Banana Cream Pie Recipe and Dairy Free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe to come up with this easy mint chocolate chip ice cream cake.
I especially love this recipe because it is secretly healthy! Spinach is what makes this ice cream cake green, but not to worry because you can’t taste the spinach at all!
It was such a hit! My bro in law, who is not very concerned about healthy eating, stated, “This taste like restaurant cake.” There you have it folks. A healthy raw vegan easy mint chocolate chip ice cream cake that taste likes restaurant cake. 😛 Try it for yourself and see!
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs/(vegan/gf)chocolate chips
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- handful spinach
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- *meat of 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Soak cashews & dates, separately (you can do this overnight or if you are like me and forget, I usually just soak them in very warm water for about 10-20 minutes).
- Throw all the crust ingredients into a food processor and go to town! Blend until the mixture starts to form a ball and is mushy.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add all the filling ingredients and blend until completely smooth. A high powered blender would work best so that you don't see any of the spinach pieces.
- Grease a cake pan with some coconut oil and pad down the crust mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Smooth it out.
- Pour the filling ingredients into the pan, on top of the crust and smooth out as well.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and sprinkle with some cocoa/cacao, optional.
- *Make sure to use full fat coconut milk and only the solid white part. You can drink the liquid or save it for later!