I’ve made this cake so many times and it ALWAYS tastes A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
PLUS it is super quick and easy to make.
1-1/2 cups buckwheat flour
1 cup sugar (brown sugar, coconut palm sugar, natural cane sugar)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp fine sea salt
2 tbsp chia + 6 tbsp water (or 2 large eggs, at room temperature)
⅔ cup melted coconut oil (or other good quality oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups mashed VERY ripe bananas
⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips (use vegan & gluten-free if that’s what you fancy)
¾ cup coarsely chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans) – optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and oil a 9-inch (23 cm) square metal baking pan.
2. Combine chia with water and set aside
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add chia + water mixture (or eggs if using), oil and vanilla to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
5. Gently stir in bananas, chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I used the same icing as I used for Chocolate Cake #1