I’m lazy, I like to eat full meals and I like to eat soups. This is why I’m always on the search for super easy and quick to make meals that are protein rich (and delicious, of course!) soups. This celery cashew soup makes the cut and taste mmm mmm good!
Cashews are also really good for you. According to Healthline, “Although cashews are one of the lowest-fiber nuts, they are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These include vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium, all of which are important for maintaining good bodily function.” The benefits for your body include but are not limited to your heart, blood, eye health and weight-loss. Most people get weary of the high fat content of cashews and though this is true, the fats are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. When eaten moderately, these fats can improve heart conditions and reduce the risk of stroke (along with preventing weight gain).
In conclusion, cashews have good fat and we need food fat.
So go ahead friends, enjoy your fatty cashews 🙂
Also, this Celery Cashew Soup freezes well!
Ingredients for Celery Cashew Soup
- 2 tbsp butter (if vegan, use Earth Balance or more olive oil)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stock chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups dairy free milk (almond, rice, etc.)
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
Directions for Celery Cashew Soup
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add celery and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant
- Add the cashews, stock, rice, milk, and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until celery is softened.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Add pepper to taste and more salt if you want.
Courtesy of the Fresh Cook Book.