This is by far the best gluten free banana bread recipe I have found! And trust me, I have tried many. The texture and sweetness is absolutely perfect!
I originally got this recipe from a friend, who found it from a website (see below). I adapted the ingredients to make it gluten free (and vegan, if I want).
It’s kind of too good – I make it more than I care to share :S It is my go to “people coming over, o no, I need to make a quick dessert!” or “I want something amazing and sweet and not so unhealthy to eat”. I whip this up super quick and it’s ALWAYS hit. No one has yet been able to taste that it’s gluten free. I think it’s actually better than “normal banana bread” because it’s more moist and lighter.
This is just not the best gluten free banana bread recipe but it’s maybe the best dessert recipe I make!
Ingredients for The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
- 1.5 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cups good sugar (I use coconut)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs (or 3 tbsp chia combined with 9 tbsp water if making vegan)
- 1 stick butter softened (or vegan butter like earth balance, or you can also probably try with coconut oil although I haven’t done that yet)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 handful chocolate chips or cocoa nibs (optional)
- handful of walnuts (optional)
- handful of shredded coconut (optional)
Directions for The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Grease bread pan
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together
- Add chocolate chips or cocoa nibs and shredded coconut, is using
- Add remaining chocolate chips and coconut on top
- Bake at 350 Degree for 45-50. You may have to cook longer if using a glass pan.
I was inspired from a recipe originally found on a website called Coconuts & Cardamom. The website no longer exists but you can find the Facebook Group here